Warranty Terms & Condition
THIS WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:-
1) This warranty is ONLY valid for local pumps bought from J&J Baby, imani Malaysia and authorized reseller in Malaysia.
2) imani breast pump comes with a 1-year local warranty on the device (motor, PCB & battery). Our warranty covers a defective battery.
3) Warranty starts from the date of purchase or date of baby’s birth within 6 months of purchase, whichever is later.
4) Your imani i1 and i2 pumps are single-user pumps. As a result, only the original user is covered under the warranty. The warranty is Non-transferable, negotiable, or assignable to a third party.
5) The right to determine whether a spare part needs repair, rectification, or free replacement rests with the imani Malaysia.
6) The defective device or spare part arising out of the free replacement under this warranty will become the property of imani Malaysia and no scrap rebate will be given for it.
7) Adjudication and settlement of claim will take 4 to 7 business days as the device has to be tested for the reported failure.
8) Customers are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these warranty terms and conditions at the time of purchase.
9) All shipping cost should be borne by the customer, except manufacturing defect items.
10) Customers are liable for the delay, loss of or damage to the parcel due to the courier transit.
What does the Warranty NOT cover?
1) This warranty is available to the original user (name onreceipt). If you purchased a used/ preloved, second hand unit, you are NOT eligible to claim warranty.
2) Warranty is voided in the event that milk/fluid backflowinto the machine or mishandling is suspected.
3) This warranty does not cover damage resulting from:
i. Defects caused by normal wear and tear accessories or otherwise due to the normal aging of the imani Product
ii. Use other than in accordance with the instruction manual
iii. An unauthorized disassembly, repair, alteration or modifications
iv. Misuse, abuse, negligence or accident howsoever caused
v. Rough handlingvi. Damage caused by operating the imani Product outside imani’s published guidelines
vii. to an imani Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability
viii. if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the imani Productix. Our warranty covers a defective battery, but it doesn’t cover wear from normal use.
4) This warranty can be denied on merely discharged batteries and for batteries damaged due to abuse or neglect but not limited to the following:
i. Damages to the battery caused by accidents, fire, faulty electrical systems, improper handling, service of battery by unauthorised dealers/auto electricians, wilful abuse, destruction by fire, collision, theft or recharging.
ii. Damage to the battery due to contamination of electrolyte.
iii. Failure of battery due to deep discharge, overcharge or improper topping up.
iv. Failure of a battery due to inadequate recharging and not as per the recharging parameters mentioned in the product user manual.
5) This warranty does not apply to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken parts on device unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship.
For Warranty Claims or Repairs, what do I need to do?
1) Always contact your seller if you face any issue with your pump. Please provide the following information:
i. Receipt and warranty card
ii.Baby’s Birth Certificate to show Date of Birth (DOB has to be within 6 months of date of purchase)
iii.Explain the nature of the defect. To troubleshoot; we may ask you some questions or request for more photos/videos to try to ascertain the defect.
2) The Warranty Claim Form needs to be filled up completely.
3) Warranty card and receipt must be presented together with the pump during servicing. imani Malaysia reserves the right to reject servicing if warranty card and receipt is not presented.
4) Service fee and spare parts (motor, battery and PCB) are FREE OF CHARGE for pump granted with warranty (except damage stated in “What does not the Warranty NOT cover”).
5) For expired warranty set, the service fee will be applied.
YOU SHOULD HAVE BACKUP DEVICE AS A PRECAUTION AGAINST POSSIBLE OPERATIONAL FAILURES.
Before receiving warranty service, imani Malaysia or its agents may require that you furnish proof of purchase details, respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues and follow imani Malaysia’s procedures for obtaining warranty service. We do not provide loan unit due to hygiene concern. Any cross contamination that carries disease germs might be passed through the milk contained device (e.g.: hepatitis B, AIDS and etc disease).
Do not open the imani device. Opening the imani device may cause damage that is not covered by this warranty. Only imani Malaysia or an authorized service should perform service on this imani Product.